• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Here we go again... alarm question

Tyler_8.25

NAXJA Forum User
I know there are a few threads on here about this but I couldn't find what I needed. I'm so sick of issues with this Jeep. :banghead: Anyways...

I was up on Snoqualmie Pass on Friday snowboarding and went back to the Jeep to leave. The rear lock was frozen and it is the only lock that will disengage the alarm so I unfroze it and gave it a little elbow grease and got it unlocked, but the alarm wouldn't stop and wouldn't let me start the engine. I disconnected the battery to kill the alarm and tried to play around with the lock some more, no luck. I pulled every fuse related to the alarm but that didn't help either. This was at about 5 oclock, temp. around 28*F... We went back into the lodge and started calling people to come get us. A couple hours later our chances of getting a ride were dwindling away, so I went back out and pulled the panel off the hatch to get to the lock. Luckily I had some tools I forgot to take out of the back. I had remembered some things I read on here about how to bypass the alarm because I looked into it before. I tried grounding the light green/orange wire, bridging the two black wires past the connector... no luck, and it was now 9 oclock and close to 20*F. I went back into the lodge and started making frantic calls to all my friends and finally found someone to head up there at about 10 oclock, which was also when the lodge closed so we sat out in the snow and 20*F weather until almost midnight (thank god for all my warm snowboarding gear). I came back up the next night but still couldn't get it started. I didn't want to make the trip anymore so I had it towed down to my house (luckily my insurance paid for it because it would have been $400!). So does anyone have any ideas how I can bypass this alarm and get it started? I have to go back to school on Tuesday at the latest. Thanks in advance.

Here are some pictures just for reference. I know I did kind of a hack job on it but I was desperately trying to get off the mountain. I will square away these connections once I figure out what I need to do.
P1040017.jpg

P1040014.jpg

Back