• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone with a 97+ and manual tranny ?

EndlessMtnFab

NAXJA Forum User
If any NAXJA members have a 97+ XJ with the five speed tranny ..... would you be willing to drop under the Jeep for a quick measurement or two? Does not matter if it's a 2 door or a 4 door. Just has to be a 6 cylinder, 5 speed, and have 4wd.

I no longer have my factory crossmember and need to double check 1 or 2 things as I do a build for myself.

You can ask me here or contact me back channel (email, PM, IM, etc).

No rewards or prices will be given. Just my token affection. :smootch:

:D

Joe

what do you need? not saying i'm gonna do it :laugh: since its 25F out and there is about 4" of salt on everything on the jeep. but let me know cause i might crawl under it to check the recent install of new hardlines/wheel cylinders.

i have a 98' 4.0 5speed 4wd

The easiest way to describe it ....

I need someone to run a straight edge from rail to rail ... and then measure from the top of the straight edge to a spot on the trans (near where the bracket for the rubber mount bolts to).

Hypothetically speaking .... if you ran a straight edge from rail to rail ... I think it would be something like 1 inch from the bottom of the rail / top of the straight edge to the bottom of the tranny by the bracket.

I just need to know exactly where you measured to .. so I can duplicate that on my own tranny.

Idiot that I am ... I didn't account for tranny location when I took every other measurement on God's green earth. :doh:

I know how low the bottom of the crossmember sits below the rail .... but didn't think to check how low the tranny sits above the bottom of the rail. A custom tranny mount is going in place of the stock bracket & mount assembly.

Definitely would be grateful if you were able to snag a quick measurement and tell me where you measured from.

Joe

Here is a picture I stole off my server that shows a pretty good side / underside show of the AX trans. This was from a previous tranny swap and is NOT my current vehicle or situation.

43.jpg

I usually turn the server off at night ... but it will be on until around midnight eastern time. And will be on again in the morning when I wake up.

Anyone who is able to help out .... maybe the picture will make it easier to show where the measurement was taking.

And next time ... I'll freaking pay attention to what I'm doing. :anon:

Joe

i should be able to help you out. gimme a couple hours and i'll get you a measurement when i get a chance.

Someone asked me where to measure ... so I modified the above picture.

43.jpg

One of those yellow arrows is a good consistent place to measure.

I appreciate everyone's looking and helping.

Joe

Back