• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are the Diagnostic Manuals on TechAuthority.com in addition to the FSM or part of it

akxj01

NAXJA Forum User
I have a FSM, and was looking to see about the Diagnostic Manuals on Tech Authority (techauthority.com). Are the Daignostic Manuals excerpts from the FSM or completely separate and new information. I thought there were Diagnostic Manuals available that have different information in them than the FSM. My 2001 FSM doesn't have ALL the detailed diagnostic information. Maybe all FSM's don't, I dont know. Thanks.

Attention Moderator/ Administrator:
"TechAuthority is a registered trademark of Chrysler LLC." See website, techauthority.com, specifically ©1995-2002 Chrysler LLC. All rights reserved. Privacy Statement, Legal Notices and Terms. 2002 on the bottom of the home page on the website.

Last edited:
The FSM is generally aimed at a garage tech with a remove and replace focus. The diagnostic manuals generally have more information. For example the Renix Fuel Injection Diagnostic manual explains a lot more of the theory and how its supposed to work and has better diagnostic information. The Renix FSM itself is very, very thin. I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way for it, other than it does have a bit more info on testing individual sensors.

The later FSMs are generally much more detailed and I don't think I've seen much in the way of seperate diagnostic manuals.

Back