• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motor mount install

dhreeves

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed new motor mounts in my '87 today and changed the 3 oil filter adaptor o-rings since I had it off anyway. All in all it was an easier job than I expected. I would recommend you replace yours before they get this bad....:doh:

motormounts.jpg

I just installed new motor mounts in my '87 today and changed the 3 oil filter adaptor o-rings since I had it off anyway. All in all it was an easier job than I expected. I would recommend you replace yours before they get this bad....:doh:

Did you use the "jack under the oil pan" method? The easy way i would call it. I need to do mine REAL bad!

Did you use the "jack under the oil pan" method? The easy way i would call it. I need to do mine REAL bad!

those are not as bad as they get! I could not keep stockers in mine. more to the rescue!

Yeah, jack under the oil pan and no stockers here either. I went the the Brown Dog rubber mounts. I'm quite happy with them so far.

Mine are worse then that, and still holding my engine "up". I can fit one to two fingers between the top and the rubber.

~Scott

i did mine a year ago along with an apn headder. the m/m were way too easy. definetly nothing to be intimidated by.

Back