• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best performance mod for the money

pyrothugg

NAXJA Forum User
hey i was wondering what you guys thought the best perfomance mods were for the money. i only have about 500 or so to work with so i cnt put on a turbo or supercharger or a stroker. but any ideas would be appreciated. especially if anyone has proven results like dyno info

best performance mods for under $500 any sugestions

hey i was wondering what you guys thought the best perfomance mods were for the money. i only have about 500 or so to work with so i cnt put on a turbo or supercharger or a stroker. but any ideas would be appreciated. especially if anyone has proven results like dyno info

Are you speaking of engine mods? It may be helpful to describe you rig to let us better know what you intended purposes are. The best money I spent was a pair of used diff's with 4:11 gears to offset the 31x10.5's...Al

im runnin 37s on my xj with 9 inches of total lift (short arm for now) locked front and rear, 8.8 in rear, super 30 upfront, k&n intake, flowmaster exhaust, ss brake lines, etc. now i want to work on getting the engine up to par with pushing the big ass 37s. im looking for better acceleration and torque for on the trail. better gas millage is a plus but not neccesarily my biggest concern.ive just noticed a decrease in response time off the line and me to give it the skinny more and more to make it up big climbs which is fine but i want more shit under the pedal and the hood

Bored thottle body.

how much do you think i should bore it out. im unfamiliar with the process cost etc. what kind of gains should i expect?

i saw that for sale and it seemed cheap enough, but kind of lacked in overall gains. does anybody make a power programmer for the 4.0 h/o

Re: best performance mods for under $500 any sugestions

a dude told me i had it in the wrong place so i put it where he told me sorry man

No worries, just have a mod move it for you. That way, it saves all the replies in the other thread.

:cheers:

When it gets pointed out that your thread is in the wrong area,
#1 Mods move it automatically
#2 You can ask a Mod to move it for you (probably the best option)
#3 You can hit the 'report post' button and request to have it moved

okay thanks man youve been really helpful i hate forums so im just getting used to it because i have a lot of dumb questions and you guys are easy to talk to and pretty knowledgeable

Mine's bored out to 69 mm, you can buy them off E-bay all day long, New thottle plate & all.

No worries. Doesn't take long to get used to.

Lotsa good info here. Remember to search before you ask any question.

Back