• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thinking of trading my Geo Metro for this good idea?

BoringDave

NAXJA Forum User
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/977419323.html

This is what I asked him:

What's Wrong with it that you want to part it out? I'm looking for a wheeler so looks are not much of a concern.

This was his reply:

i cant get it to run, no spark, also needs wheels and tires. i would take 400 for it. its got good comp, getting gas to injectors just no spark,put new coil,crank sens and pickup coil in the dist.if u are interested give me a call

Called him and sent pics of my trade. He just needs something to get him to and from work.

dave

Well it's a go!!! I have the truck and trailer parked in the drive way I just have to dig out the ramps and load the car in the morning and head off to get my new toy.

I think it's a fare trade 1991 Geo with about 200k on it that runs for a 1989 XJ with 165k and does not run.

Dave

Score one for you. :)

Maybe not.

Got it home charged the battery and started checking things out. I found the wire harness that go's from the little control box that the coil mounts to missing. (the harness connects the two together)

This seems to tell

1. he removed it so it wouldn't have spark on purpose to hide a bad rod or main bearing or other major motor damage

Or
2. he was so busy throwing parts at it and not paying attention to what he was doing and forgot to reconnect this wire harness

It does have new cps,starter,coil,sensor thats in the distributor I think cam sensor.

I think I may have been dooped!

Dave

Well let's see some pics. If you got it cheap, maybe it's still good to part out at the least. I'd love to have a spare parts rig.

~Scott

I will post pics when the snow melts.

The body is straight but the inside is crap! I guess I got it cheep I traded an unwanted car that I drove for a dd for about 4 years that I paid $500. for back then.

Well, Dave, keep your fingers crossed for option #2 huh.

you could of traded a brand new Cobalt for a Poster of a 2wd wrangler X... still a better deal..

Just be happy you dont have that GEO anymore

If you had to go to the house to get the thing, I've found people to be pretty honest. When they're willing to deliver or meet elsewhere is when to be cautious. Probably an honest oversight.

Back