• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stuck aftermarket shocks

SpenceXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just got some rough country shocks in and I opened them up to find that 1 front and one rear shock are stuck fully compressed. I got the rear to open up a bit with full force but it took my whole body weight to close it.

Are these defective? Or what can I do to open em up?

It's called a hydro shock, that sounds about right as far as how they function goes...they don't stay open like Nitros.

~Scott

But they won't open AT all, not even enough to get them on.

but he said only 2 of the 4 shocks are super-stiff. rough country shocks are stiff (I hear ton of complaints about them), but an average guy should be able to open them or compress them without straining.

Spence, did the two stiff shocks self-extend (pressurized?) or did you have to pull them open? If they self-extend, you receive two wrong shocks. Charged shocks usually contain around 180psi nitrogen and are quite annoying to compress. edit: never mind, you posted while I was typing. :)

At any rate, half of your shocks are wrong, give RC a call during the work week to see if they can correct it for ya.

um, nitro shocks default to the 'open' position, not the other way around...
its not that the rc stuff is 'stiff', i think the word your looking for is 'crap'

um, nitro shocks default to the 'open' position, not the other way around...
its not that the rc stuff is 'stiff', i think the word your looking for is 'crap'

I myself think RE is crap..

You need to call them, they will make you happy....

Back