• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stalling problems, any socalers can help???

besthaticouldo

NAXJA Forum User
ok so im having some problems with my 94 zj 5.2.

i've read every thread on here about stalling, sputtering, or fuel problems.

so i started with changing the PCV, fuel filter, and putting some good 91 oct in.

one thing i noticed when i bought my jeep is that the fuel gauge really doesn't move. it stays above 3/4 of a tank even after 160 miles. which unless this thing has a 45 gallon tank...is wrong.

those three things i did above seemed to have helped smooth it out a lil bit. however...it still idles fairly low and the idle seems to drop very very low and then bounce back up.

my question is how do i test the fuel pressure at the fuel rail? is that something i have to take somewhere because of a special tool, or can i get the tool at any auto parts store for like 20-50 bux? or does anyone in socal have the tool and be willing to check it for me tomorrow?

also...it seems to be running rich, i can tell because of the smell, there was a HUGE exhaust leak where the y-pipe came into the cat, i got a new clamp and tightened it way down which seemed to help, but it still seems rich...should i replace the o2 sensors? how many o2 sensors are there? how hard are they to install?

if anyone knows links to writes up they would be appreciated like no other.

thanks!

Met up with him today, cleaned his TB a lil and found a Vacuum leak. Seemed to solve his problem. The hose was really hard and cracked.

Did you try checking the low coolant?

:D

Thanks, I got home after washing it and my neighbor started complaining because some mudd went down the drain at the end of the street.

lol

And anytime you need help let me know!

yep...thanks a ton bro!

i appreciate it. always good to have a second set of eyes.

btw your zj is badass :cheers:

Back