• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cargo Area divider

cw50must

NAXJA Forum User
What I am looking for is a divider from the cargo area to the passenger area. I always strap my stuff down, but want to make sure nothing smacks me in the head.
I've searched and all I can seem to find are for pets, they just don't seem strong enough. I heard from someone that there is one out there that is a net, but really strong.
My other option is to make one, so if anyone has done that I'd be interested in seeing how that turned out.

Something similar to this, but stonger
http://www.accessconnect.com/images/14N-02.jpg
14N-02.jpg

I have the raingler and love it - dog sticks his head through the holes and gets a little stuck though! Its definitely sturdy and is great insurance. The adjustment buckles can be a bitch though because they don't open up enough to loop the straps through.

OjXj, how big is the dog? I have a 92 pound black mouth cur "pup" (12 months old) and would like to find a barrier so its easier to travel to the park. The return trip is a breeze, but the drive to the park is a royal pain. He's kind of wild still and I don't want him getting caught up in anything, but also get tired of trying to keep him in the back seat

I saw one in another XJ that I'm going to do for myself one of these days. He had an angle iron frame that bolted to the shoulder strap mounting above the rear seat down to the floor of the cargo bay and along the roof. He had welded some stiff wire mesh(always forget the name of this stuff) to the angle iron. He had his fire extinguisher etc mounted on the mesh stuff. It looked really clean and good. Wish I had pics to share it would make it alot easier to describe.

Back