• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4wd part time light stuck on

so i woke up this morning and my part time 4wd light came on and wont go off.

I just did an axle swap to the rear with different gears and was taking it in on monday to regear the front so i cant drive it.

I never put to the 4wd drive on. WTH is going on any ideas?

I drove it about 20 yards, will that have effed up my tcase?

Crap I'm so pissed. Now I'm late for work and waiting for a ride.

Mine has been been on since I bought it in June 2008 and no problems yet. Everything on my jeep is stock but the 3" Rustys lift and 31"BFGs. I found out that it you accelerate really fast it goes off for a second. I think its just a sensor thats messed up, if not I will find out when something breaks and gives me an excuse to get some new stuff for it.

I had the same problem when I went up north (northern AZ) to check out the snow. I messed around with the t-case/tranny putting both in Neutral then put the case in 2wd and then backed up a couple feet. Normally you should be able to shift and go but sometimes it acts funky. The only difference is that you never shifted into 4wd. If it doesn't help to mess with the gears just pull the vac line and head on out.

Back