• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

231 swap

Fidget360

NAXJA Forum User
ok, not to !!!1, but I've been searching the archives and haven't found an answer yet, so I'll ask. I'm trying to put a 231 from an xj with a disco front axle into a drive train that is a solid axle. The spline count is 23 on both, and I can get the tcase to start to go on, so I know that that's not the problem. Where I'm running into the problem is it seems to be getting hung up about an inch from fully seated. am I missing something? I also checked the depth of the input shaft on both tcases and they are the same. need some :help:. feeling like I'm beating my head against a wall.

oh yeah, we're talking 91 xj aw4 and np231

Never mind. I found the problem. It was simple and stupid. Just in case anyone else is trying to do this while as tired and fuzzy brained as I am: It was the plate on the driver's side of the tranny that the actuator braces against. It had shifted sideways and was blocking two holes. Yes: simple, stupid, and now I feel like a moron.

Back