• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ROCKTOBERFEST - Big Bear run, OCT 21st

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang,

I am planning a Big Bear run for October 21st, and maybe the 22nd! The 22nd depends on interests.

I am calling this ROCKTOBERFEST.. original, huh? I would like to eventually make this a NAXJA official Fall event.

A couple of folks have already stated they will be camping at Serrano that weekend.

This is an informal (not NAXJA supported) run.

Required Equipment:
Solid recovery points front and rear (tow hooks, shackles/d-rings, receivers), first aid kit, fire extinguisher, snatch strap (no chains, no strap with metal hooks), spare tire and all necessary hardware.

Meeting Place:
Big Bear Discovery Center (http://www.bigbear.info/), 8:30 AM, depart at 9:00 AM.

Trail Choices:
Gold Mountain
Holcomb Creek
John Bull
Deep Creek (Dishpan Springs)
Hearbreak Ridge

Trail selection will be finalized at the Discovery Center.

There will be easier trails avialable for those that wish to run scenic or less difficult trails.

Lunch will be on the trail. Bring food, drinks, and appropriate clothing.

CB Channel:
Primary, 4; alternate, 14

Thanks!

Tony,
Big bear is a blast. can be totally senic or totally hard core and every thing between. Your rig should be able to make basicly any trail you choose but rock rails are sugested for the harder stuff

OOOHHH Man I want to go! Just dumped $300 for JCR Sliders today that'll be on the doorstep soon. I love buying things I can't afford. It's about a 3-hour dig for me to get up there, but for 2 days of wheeling I could be talked into it. DIg it man. Count me in for a definite maybe hopefully.

I will be there for sure. is anyone staying at Serrano? I am going to get a campsite there. im ready to go wheeling finally!

Nick

tcm glx said:
Am I ok without the sliders?

That's your call. Rock rails are not a requirement, but front and rear tow points are.

There is a chance you can ruin a rocker, but we will do our best to guide you through any area you need.

I know guys run it all the time without them, but I have seen folks crush them up good as well.

I know that does not help you much, but it is truly your decison.

I ran up there a few times with only minor scrapes on my rockers but I had to take the easiest lines there now I just use the c-roc rocker guardes and not worry about it when I take a more fun line

I'm going to try and make it. I don't know if the wife's interested or not. I'm trying not to overload her with wheeling.. :)

Elias

Well, planning my moms 70th BDAY party that saturday, so I am going to have to pass......

-96JeepSpeed- said:
Hmmm. You might have to count me in! I hear john bulls kinda tuff, hopfully and stock axels W/O lockers will make it? please tell me what you think.
And also i prefer the 21st.

What are the other specs on your rig? Are you lifted? What tire size? Any skids plates or rock rails?

I am planning on two days of wheeling, Oct 21st & 22nd. Alot folsk will come up just for Saturday, and that's OK. There will be some that can stay overnight and run on Sunday as well.

We will run different trails each day.

There is a lot of interest and I have at least 9 rigs confirmed right now.

itsHud said:
Robert,
Make that 10 rigs... I look forward to seeing you guys.
Ken

Hey Ken,

I was hoping you would miss out this.

I do anticipate more interests as we get closer. Alot of folks are focused on Moab. Once they return, we may hear more.

If the group gets too large, we may plit into two groups. It depends on the vehicle set-up and driver's abilities.

We will just play that by ear on each morning.

If enough folks are staying over-night, maybe we coudl do a dinner or BBQ.

We will see as we get closer.

Hey-

I might be able to make this trip with the new XJ- I'm only giving it a BB and Rocker Guards for now, but that has never stopped me from wheeling my junk.

It will be good to see Ken and Scott and maybe get to meet a few other people. I haven't done Big Bear yet and the pics are always awesome.

I'm thinking the wife will make it out as well, she likes to camp.:sunshine:

L8r,
Coullt

-96JeepSpeed- said:
4 inch lift 31s all skids.

No problem. All you need is front and rear tow points.

See you up there!

Back