• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear this weekend (1/2-1/4)

djblade311

NAXJA Member # 1474
NAXJA Member
yep, I too will be up in Big Bear this weekend to do some skiing, chilling, and maybe some wheeling. If anyone will be up there, gimme a ring (773.Three Fiive Four.6715)

Wanna give a huge thanks to Rick and Bonnie! We had a great time in Big Bear. Here are some pics:

20090104+019.jpg

My daughter loves snow and told me the she likes Winter

20090104+020.jpg

2N04
Went to 2N04 for a brief amount of time. It was pretty chewed up for the first 200 feet. I ended up having to spend some time doing trail clean-up because someone left a Chicago Electric ATV winch, controller, and cable because they burnt it up trying to winch out by the looks of the crime scene:
20090104+028.jpg

Looks like they also did not stay on the trail because the tracks did not follow 2N04 correctly. If anyone here goes on 2N04 soon, PLEASE STAY ON THE TRAIL.

My wife and I were finally able to go skiing/boarding in Big Bear for the first time. It had been 10 years since I've been on a snowboard....damn I'm sore now.

Josh give me a date and hours so we can get credit for the AAT

Bonnie and I will be up there again this weekend (with the amount of time I spend up there now, I might as well live there!)
Glad you had a great time, I'll be snow boarding on Sunday if anyone wants to beat themselves up, come on over.

:D

Nice! I was up there last weekend. no chance of getting into 2N04. The snowplows had a nice 4+ feet of snow piled up. I really wanted to go on it. The field towards the end is awesome and I bet it was untouched for many days with all of the snow. The warm weather is going to melt that stuff fast!

I hope to get back up there and wheel towards the end of the month or beging of Feb.

Dang it. Josh, I should have given you the x mas tree that Rick wants for his cabin when you were here. That would have worked out perfect. Oh well.

Back