• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New 97 XJ in the SFV

dr7966

NAXJA Forum User
New to the forum and recently bought a 97 XJ Sport black 4x4 all stock with 103k miles, Auto. I had an 89 XJ years ago that finally died at around 300k miles. This 97 was a one owner and never been off road. The bumper had been hit on each side enough to wrinkle the fenders and mess up the fender flares. On the drivers side it must have gone over a curb because there is a small dent in the oilpan and exhaust where the pumpkin hit. Already removed all the flares and plastic and trimmed the front and rear fenders.

Next will be the lift and tires but I am going to take my time and wear out the stock tires.

Want to replace bumpers but the off road ones seem a little pricey. Thinking about getting a welder and pipe bender and making my own.

Yesterday went up Sand Canyon to the Santa Clara Divide road and back to Agua Dulce on the 4N17. Easy fire roads but fun and close.
Went out to Palmdale last week and it did pretty well in a sandwash.

Welcome, always glad to see yet another XJer. Hope to see you on the trial one day. Have fun with it. NAXJA

pics

New to the forum and recently bought a 97 XJ Sport black 4x4 all stock with 103k miles, Auto. I had an 89 XJ years ago that finally died at around 300k miles. This 97 was a one owner and never been off road. The bumper had been hit on each side enough to wrinkle the fenders and mess up the fender flares. On the drivers side it must have gone over a curb because there is a small dent in the oilpan and exhaust where the pumpkin hit. Already removed all the flares and plastic and trimmed the front and rear fenders.

Next will be the lift and tires but I am going to take my time and wear out the stock tires.

Want to replace bumpers but the off road ones seem a little pricey. Thinking about getting a welder and pipe bender and making my own.

Yesterday went up Sand Canyon to the Santa Clara Divide road and back to Agua Dulce on the 4N17. Easy fire roads but fun and close.
Went out to Palmdale last week and it did pretty well in a sandwash.

welcome! im new here too, but these guys have been really helpful so far so if you run into problems just post it up!

Welcome to the group and congrats on the XJ!

welcome!

oh and the dent in the downpipe on the exhaust is *supposed* to be there ;) they do that so the yoke doesnt hit the pipe at full compression.

Thanks for the welcome!
Grimjeeper - thanks for the tip on the dent in the exhaust
Ruggedjeep - Here are some photobucket pics and I am actually in westhills near woodlake and saticoy but I thought woodland hills was more known.

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

Back