• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering colum swap

maxxpehling

NAXJA Forum User
So I have the loose bolts in my tilt column. dreading pulling it apart the right way. plus its red and ugly anyways. friend has a black column for $20. doesnt remember if its tilt or not. if it ISNT will it bolt in where a tile column is now? and what all is involved. do I just need to unhook the harnesses, undo the bolts, and the shaft? heres a picture of it in the rig still

file.php

I'm not sure, and I can't see your pic. The tilt column has a bracket that bolts to it and then it just bolts up to 2 bolts coming out of the dash. I just got done working on it this weekend. I didn't remove mine completely because I decided to just tighten up the bolts(which isn't nearly as bad as it sounds) but disconnecting the harnesses and unbolting the bracket was a piece of cake. What I would worry about is the different features. I'm not sure exactly how the options broke down, but if you have cruise and delay wipers, a fixed column is probably less likely to have those. I would compare the mounting points and wiring connectors along with the options to see if they match up.

Options and wiring are the biggest consideration, as stated. As long as it is all there, or you can swap it over to the non-tilt column, it should bolt right up...

Back