• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front driveshaft vibrating

xjdavid1

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 95 cherokee (NP242 T case) with a 4.5"RE lift (adjustable upper arms) 4.56 diff gears and 32" tyres and a SYE kit. When I am in fulltime 4wd there is no vibration at 70 mph. When I change into 2wd (part time) the front driveshaft vibrates. I think this is because of the small amount of slop in the front slip yoke. I have set the angle on the diff end of the front DS to zero degrees. It was actually a bit better at 3 degrees down. I have taken the DS to a shop to have the slip yoke rebuilt but he gave it back to me and said it didnt need it. The vehicle has 120,000 miles on it. Anybody had the same problem.

I have a slight vibration/sound coming from up front since my lift as well. I tried everything including rebuilding the driveshaft and it didn't fix it. I finally figured it out though. I bought some 33" mud tires and I can't even notice the front ds anymore. Worked wonders. :)

Back