• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JK Dana 44 Elctric Locker

squirrel80

NAXJA Forum User
Well I have been searching on the JK forum for answers to this, but do not have permission to post, so I am loooking for help here. I am running front and rear JK rubicon dana 44s in my XJ. Here is the problem, the rear locker no longer works. I have a simpler system than a new JK since I only have a positive and negative switched wire going to the locker which eliminates any of the sensor problems that the JKs have. I am definately getting power to the locker, but it will not engage. My guess is that it is the electric magnet that has stopped working. Does anyone know if this part is replaceable or am I going to have to buy a whole new locker. Anyone here have access to exploded views of Mopar parts. Or does anyone here work for Jeep and know anything about stock Rubicon lockers? These are electric lockers only not the air/electric that the first gen Rubicons had. Well I figure I would through it out there, if anyone could help. I will try and see what the dealer has to say tomorrow.

crappy, my buddy ended up with an ox in the back of his after the stock quit.

I do not think they make an OX for the JK Rubicon. Remeber it is tottaly different than the first Rubicons. Mostly the 32 spline axles are the issue, so there is not much aftermarket yet.
no your right, i'll quiz him on it. he hasn't owned it two years yet.

This is one of my concerns too, so I have tried to find out if the carrier can be replaced with any stock D44... if so then it should be possible to use any D44 gear/locker. I haven't been able to find out yet, but maybe you can chase this down for both of us.

Are you sure you did not over power it? If you just ran a power wire to the battery with a switch on it and a ground wire somewhere you are likely to have the wrong current if you took out the sensor and stuff, I might be wrong though. Just a thought

Are you sure you did not over power it? If you just ran a power wire to the battery with a switch on it and a ground wire somewhere you are likely to have the wrong current if you took out the sensor and stuff, I might be wrong though. Just a thought

Nope 12volts is correct. The sensors are for indicator lights and to make sure it only turns on in 4 low, etc. I have read that the stock Rubicons are having similar trouble. From what I can tell it looks like I might be changing the whole locker.

Back