• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone ever installed seats from a different car?

LunchBox

NAXJA Forum User
My drivers seat cushion is starting to sag and lean to the left a bit. I noticed today that the seat itself isn't really that comfortable. The headrests are too low. The cushion is flimsy.

Has anyone ever taken seats from another vehicle and installed them? Obviousl I understand that some fabrication would need to happen to get them to bolt in properly. They would need to be manual seats so they could be adjusted.

Anyone done this or seen it?

I put these in, just a little mod work.. They sit lower now by a 1"
Seats.jpg

JC WHIT

Grand seats are a direct swap if you have a newer XJ (96+ I believe, correct me if I'm wrong). Just bolt them onto the XJ seat rails and your good to go. I heard they dont fit older XJ's, but I'm sure it couldn't be THAT hard to do, compared to, ya know, custom long arm kits, chop tops, and installing lexan windows... :laugh:

I got these in 08, i think in may i order them..Got these for 180.. I don't own a welder, so i had to drill an bolt these in...so, i would say (little ) Thinking how to mount them was the hard part, chit that was like 10 mins.. Then i was done..

Oh wow, well if its only that much work I guess I know what I am doing once I decide if I am trying to keep 4 seats or go to 2. Didn't know if "a little" meant welding, etc.

Gotta find a good and cheap way to keep the access to the rear seats of my 2 dr after installing aftermarket seats. but those are nice, I would be torn of if I should get something in red to match the Jeep or not. I have always hated colored seats in ricers, but I think red would look good in my rig. haha

power WJ's aren't a bolt in that much I can tell you. I put power ones in and just cut off all the bracketry and made it line up with the factory holes. The differences in the XJ floors started around 95 I think. One has a channel and the other is just flat. Gettin the back seats in was more of a PITA than the fronts though

Back