• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big black box

throw a cold air intake on there or order an american intake system

I want to keep the airbox...I cutted a hole below the fender that goes into the airbox for getting some fresh air hopefully....I'm using a Ramair brand filter also and I'm insulating the box and hose to try to keep it as cold as possible...

throw a cold air intake on there or order an american intake system

cold air intakes are next to worthless on a cherokee, 99% of the systems out there shold be marketed as HOT air intakes. They probably cause you to lose some horsepower. The K&N is way overpriced, but it is the only one that comes with some sort of a heat shield that tries to insulate the filter from the exhaust manifold that sits 8in away. They also make it easier to hydrolock you motor by having the open filter element.

cold air intakes are next to worthless on a cherokee, 99% of the systems out there shold be marketed as HOT air intakes. They probably cause you to lose some horsepower. The K&N is way overpriced, but it is the only one that comes with some sort of a heat shield that tries to insulate the filter from the exhaust manifold that sits 8in away. They also make it easier to hydrolock you motor by having the open filter element.

Wolf I kind of agree with you,that's why I kept the airbox and try to get some cold air from a made through the fender and into the airbox...

Get an inline air filter and a snorkel that'll solve your problems with getting cooler air into the engine. Other than that block off the front of the air box so that the only hole for it to bring air through is where you want it to.

Dave,I've already blocked the hole from the front of the airbox ,the only place air is coming from is the hole I made in the bottom of the airbox and through the fender...I don't really want to put a snorkel...any idea what the other box in the pic might be ?

im sure someone on here has an old stock intake tube that doesnt have that thing that they can ship ya

Back