• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bits of Advice

CherBear

NAXJA Forum User
This week I am going to be putting on a pair of KC 6 inchers on my warrior products bumper. I ordered the special brackets to fit the tube on my bumper so it will look nice and tidy.
I am asking any of you fellow jeepers who have installed this system for advice or tips or problems i should look out for.

I'm not sure how the KC lights wire up, but I know for my Hellas I had to come up with my own way to get the main power draw (one posative wire went from the battery to the relay, then you had another posative going to the switch to turn the lights on) but I would recommend picking up some 6 or 8 guage wire and attaching that directly to the battery then bringing that into the cab through a gromet, this way you can use that wire for you aux lights and accessories power, rather than tapping into the fuse box. (if you tap into the fuse box you can cause problems, and blow fuses like i did after a few sets of lights and a CB)

If you don't understand what I'm saying...either I poorly described it (sorry I'm on drugs for my wisdom teeth being removed) or you shouldn't be installing these.

Also use shrink wrap, keeps things clean and where they need to be. And wrap your exposed wires with electrical tape.

~Scott

Wait, what do you mean "positive wire" ? im lost.
hahaha just kidding...
Thanks for the advice. BTW where did you put your wiring through your firewall?
There is a plastic insert i am thinking of drilling through located at the feet of the driver.
And yea, im preeety sure i can wire lights, ive done worse before. I just thought it was a good idea to post on here "how not to break stuff" than "how to fix stuff".

there are multiple existing grommets you can use.
i installed my hellas to come on w/ my high's, via the hella harness. so i didnt have to go into the cab. dont forget, the better your wiring, the better your light output, get power directly off the battery, and ground directly to the battery.

the only question, is why anyone would be running halogen lamps these days...

I put my wire through the gromet at the top of the firewall on the drivers side, it comes out above the fuse box and I litterally have 4 wires going through it (including my coax for the CB radio). Basically pull it out and slice it once toward the outside, pop it back in and you can fit tons of wires in it. I chose it because it's up high and close to were the wires need to go, so water has the least likely chance of getting in it.

~Scott

Back