• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

zj tranny

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
what is the deal with the transmissions in the ZJ's? ive had a few machanics say that they are controled by the jeeps computer. i've been looking into getting one and the cheap ones all have tranny problems. all the people say is that the tranny is f-ed up. whats the deal? can i just get one out of a just yard n swap them and it be good to go?
do they have the AW4 like the xj? is there a spline difference like xjs?

ohh. there was a 95 and a 94 for cheap. its strictly a DD. would those trannys swap easy? are the "computer controlled"

yeah i agree, the crysler ones are shit. the AW4 is made by Aisin, a japanese company, and apart from being relatively inefficient and liking to run hot they are excellent transmissions

Im kind of confused as to what you want to do, do you want to put a new trans in your 98? Why were you looking at ZJ transmissions?

i'm looking at a whole zj with a f-ed up tranny. i'd like to fix it and DD it. can i put an aw4 out of a xj in it?

i figured zjs had the same tranny (guess not lol)

Back