• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junkyard stock steel wheels

Supermanxj

NAXJA Forum User
I am a junkyard dog and want to do some DIY beadlocks.

I am wondering if there are any stock steel wheels off of any vehicle with the 5x4.5 pattern that have 3.5" to 4.5" of backspacing. I know that rangers, explorers, mustangs and such have the same bolt pattern but am unsure of the backspacing. ANY ideas???

Josh

TJ wheels were 15x8 iirc... For the price though, why not just find a set of used cragars? By the time you got spacers/adapters and the wheels you'd have spent more anyway...

gotcha. well, even still... I sold my set of 4 cragars for $80 when I went to a 5 on 5.5 pattern, and i found a set of those for $75... good deals/prices are out there, just gotta look... But, to answer the initial question, I don't know of any stock wheels that fit those requirements.

Curious..... Why 4.5" BS? That's just gonna put that big tire that much closer to your inner fender/unibody and the lower control arms when turning. I gotta assume that you're doing beadlocks for a fairly large tire right? (33" or larger)

IIRC, most common rockcrawler style aftermarket wheels are 3.5" BS when going 15x8, and sometimes less BS with the 15x10 - with the idea that the larger tire will need to move farther outward for steering clearance issues.... :dunno:

I had a set of rockcrawlers in a 15x8 that were actually a 4.5" BS (which is the stock XJ BS IIRC) with 31's mounted and the tires rubbed on the LCA's pretty badly at full turn.

Oh, and IIRC, all Wrangler wheels that were 15x8 were the aluminum version - I don't think they made a steel wheel for any Jeep in a 15x8.... :dunno:

Back