• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pin test

DonnMcc

NAXJA Forum User
I have me a ongoing problem with my xj and I figured the easiest way to find the cause of my no start would to test at the computer.
I'm not sure what the pins should read but here are my results.If anyone could help out,please don't hesitate.
pin#/ what it is / result
3 /fused power / 12v.
4 /sensor ground /no ground
5 / ground / got ground
6/ 5volt no /power
7 / 8volt /8volts
9/ ign(start/run) /no power
19 / ign coil /no power
24/ cps / test light barly glowed
44 / cam,stator/ no power
51/ asd / has power to it
57 / asd relay output/ no power to it.

I tested these with a test light and multi meter with the key in the start position.When I checked #44 and #51 with the test light I hear something turn on and cycle.sounds like it's coming from the injectors.
so what's going on,what else can I test?Is owning a jeep always this much fun?
Thanks.

sorry it's a 1995 4.0 5 speed.

I don't have a 95 FSM but my 93 shows Pin 9 as you indicate. With the key on, this should have 12 v.

Check your ign switch.

All I can add is that that noise is just what I heard when I unplugged and replugged a defective cam position sensor. Did you try starting the vehicle after you heard that sound?

I tried but it just spins with no start.I need to get the camsensor then go from there.I was just praying that someone on here has gone thru this before and might have some pointers.
Thanks for all your help,it was a old post of yours that gave me the pin id's.Have a happy new year.

If you are probing with the pcm connector attached to the pcm, you should be getting 12v to pin 9 when in ignition is in start position. The ignition switch that sends power to pin 9 also powers: fuse 6 in the power dist centre, auto shutdown relay, fuel pump relay. fuse 6 power goes to cooling fan relay, a/c relay,backup light switch,ballast resistor relay. your original email mentioned codes relating to a couple of these things. Test your ignition switch output dark blue wire

Last edited:
If you are probing with the pcm connector attached to the pcm, you should be getting 12v to pin 9 when in ignition is in start position. The ignition switch that sends power to pin 9 also powers: fuse 6 in the power dist centre, auto shutdown relay, fuel pump relay. fuse 6 power goes to cooling fan relay, a/c relay,backup light switch,ballast resistor relay. your original email mentioned codes relating to a couple of these things. Test your ignition switch output dark blue wire

thanks,I'm going now.

i got power to it.damn I even ran me a wire from the battery to the coil.no luck.

Last edited:
Back