• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where can i take some scrap metal?

besthaticouldo

NAXJA Forum User
i have a shit load of scrap metal from projects over the years

like old engine blocks, and stuff from my blown motor from my focus and a few wheels

does anyone know a place in orange county that i could take it to?

theres quite a bit of it...just stuff i wanna get rid of and get outta my house and stuff since we're moving soon.

thanks guys!

Do you want money for it or just wanna get rid of it?

You can take automotive junk to Pick A Part. They have a dumpster where they let you leave things. But they don't pay you.

I used to get about $100/ton but last time I loaded my truck with about 3k# I showed up at the yard and got turned away. Yards are not buying scrap right now. So I had to bring it all home and Save it.
If you don't want anything for it then your welcome to add to my pile. but I'l about 45min south of you.

My scrap pile used to be about the size of... well, lets put it this way, it took me about 4 loads in my longbed dodge ram to haul it away and at about 2k-3k #'s each time. In fact, one time I did my truck and trailer. Yes, I have to room.

If the wheels are aluminum, take them to a recycling center. It's about 10 bucks a wheel.

Back