• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heck with it, i am having to many problems to fix

85cherokoholic

NAXJA Forum User
i am getting the 4.3 l engine, 360 turbo tranny, fuel pump, new transfer case.

i hope that all of this will solve my problem,

any ideas, im tired of my ragged out jeep, i want it to growl and i want it to work off road without breaking, but hey what can i say "YOU PAY TO PLAY".

i know its gonna be alot of work, but theres this guy in town that did the engine and transmission swap on a 1999 s10, and i knew that if i swap the engine, that my 2.8 transmission would not last long, and i was told that this transmission will fit the 4.3 but i will have to make mounts for the transmission

can you "xj88superjeep" explain, i dont know engine talk, its funny, my friend suggested the 4.3 and turbo tranny,, how big is the stroker.

the v6 is 125.00
the tranny is 45. both i have to pay between 25-30 for the warrenty.

Well, if you don't know engine talk, it might not help to explain, but a stroker is when you rebuild the 4.0 and increase the displacement of it to anywhere between 4.5 to 4.7 (sometimes more) The most basic way to explain it is an engine rebuild with better parts than stock. In your case, I don't know what to suggest since you are a little out of your realm... (not being mean)

a stroker uses a crankshaft that allows for a longer stroke (hence the name). in the case of the 4.0, the crankshaft from a 4.2 is used. beyond that, the cylinders can be bored out for more displacement. that's the simple explanation. but if you're getting the engine and tranny for under $200 total, they're either crap or you're living in an alternate universe and anything i say will not necessarilly apply.

have you guys heard of pull a part, any v6 engine is 120 something, and an automatic is around 45-50, check the website, now theres no garentee that ima find the v6 that im looking for, but with well over 2000 automobiles, i think that there has to be a 4.3 there. pullapart.com. there reason its cheap is you have to pull the part yourself. im learning about engines still, ill get there. they said that it doesnt matter if its a v6 for a 1970 something plymonth or a 1999 mercedes benz, its a fixed price.

pull apart offers warrenties on the items they, well most of them, and they say that about 80 percent of the cars they have on their lot can be started,

it seems as though you have made up your mind, so good luck with the swap. all we're saying is that if you're "still learning about engines" this is probably not the project you want to be learning on.

what engine do you have now? if it's the 4.0 i don't see how it would be worth it. just drop another 4.0 into it. if it's the 2.8, I think the 3.4 is a much easier swap. there are a bunch of writeups on what needs to be done for the 4.3 though. here's a good place to start:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26471

hahaha, you guys area crazy, yeah i have the 2.8 i have a friend doing the swap, like you said im still learning and yes on here i have found out that with the 3.4 i can keep everything else instead of swapping out, i just need more power, ya know. im turning this jeep into a tank,

thanks for the input guys, i appreciate it. i will keep you all informed on the swap. this jeep wont be a daily driver, so ima try to have fun with it to., gotta love my "kentuck-eese language" lol

Back