• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EASY Q & A

I think there's a dummy-pulley that fits in it's place. I just happened to be looking through some old posts (found by searching, no less) which talks about that. The one question I couldn't find answered that you might want to think about, is that the A/C also actuates the defrost on our jeeps...so if you delete the A/C then what will happen to the defrost settings?
I don't use my A/C at all, but the defrost is crucial.

The earlier models have a dummy pully that goes in place - if you want to see if that applies for your year, just look up the belt numbers - if they're the same for w/ and w/o aircon, there's a dummy pully and the belt routing is the same.

The dummy pully can probably be found in a salvage yard, or you can check with various aircon manufacturers (like Four Seasons, for instance) and see if they have one available. You will need the bracket to mount the pully as well.

Back