• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need ODBC scanner in OC

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang,

I meesed something up while in Big Bear. My check engine light came on and I get a wierd jump or mis feeling at acceleration. Crusing speed and idle is fine. This morning, while cold, the engine shut off a couple of different times.

Looking for someone with a scan tool to pull the code and let me know what's wrong. The Jeep is at my house in Lake Forest. I will gladly pay for gas or buy dinner for the help.

Thanks in advance!

Robert, you mean OBDII, right? :)

I have a code reader. Are you working today or at home? Give me a call.

Robert, you mean OBDII, right? :)

I have a code reader. Are you working today or at home? Give me a call.

Thanks Johnny. I am working today. I had to ride the bike in and it was cold!

I will be home this evening around 5:00 if you are available, it will be great. Or, if you want, we can meet for lunch and I can grab the scanner.

I will call you.

I'm meeting Scott for lunch. Don't know where or what time yet. But I'll bring it with me and I can drop it off at your work.

I also have one available Robert. Gimme a ring if you need

I just dropped my scanner off at Robert's house. So he's good.

Well, he has a scanner now.

Thanks...! Hopefully be all good after this evening. Hope it's something simple....

Thanks Johnny! and everyone else that replied.

You can always turn the key on then off three times and then back on and read the code in the mileage display.

code 121 & 123 = TPS.... I figured as much.

Ok, I replaced the TPS. I still get a code 123. The book says "Throttle position senor/switch A circuit high input"

Can someone translate that into something I can understand?

What else do I need to check/replace? The Jeep runs fine now but the dang check engine light is still on and I still have a code 123.

Thanks!

will your scanner clear the code by itself? if not disco the negative battery cable for 10 mins or so, then reconnect it. that should reset the computer and clear the code. if the TPS was the problem and its fixed now, the light shouldn't come back on.

will your scanner clear the code by itself? if not disco the negative battery cable for 10 mins or so, then reconnect it. that should reset the computer and clear the code. if the TPS was the problem and its fixed now, the light shouldn't come back on.

That's what I thought. The scanner cleared the 121 or replacing the TPS did. I did disconnect the neg batery cable, but not for 10 min. I will try that again tomorrow.

Thanks!

That's what I thought. The scanner cleared the 121 or replacing the TPS did. I did disconnect the neg batery cable, but not for 10 min. I will try that again tomorrow.

Thanks!

Robert,

If the scanner clears the codes, you shouldn't have to disconnect the battery or wait. If you manually cleared the codes from the scanner and the error code came up again, it sounds like you still have a problem. Or the computer needs to "re-learn.' Try clearing the codes, then take it for a drive, with stops & go's, for about 20 to 30 minutes.

E

Back