• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sand blaster near Everett?

Muddy Beast

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for someone to sand blast my new thors I picked up from Tom...they have bed liner on them now...but I it's starting to chip and I'd like to put these babies on with a fresh coat.

I've been grinding on them with a 60 grit 4.5" disc but it's taking way to long. So I'm hoping someone out there either has a sand blaster or knows someone who will sand blast them for me soon.

~Scott

Have you tried a wire wheel or a scraper?
Michael

Eastside Customs will do it. or just do it yourself, I can't remember what it's called but I used a disk I bought that looked kinda like a sponge but was hard. I think they are designed to strip paint off.

Have you tried a wire wheel or a scraper?
Michael

Havent tried a wire wheel yet...might be worth picking on up though and trying it. Thanks.

~Scott

Piercings are for girls... (sorry Lyle) I'll buy a mask. :)

~Scott

Use those Paint strippers that look like sponges. They work great!

-PJ-

If my new wire wheel is struggling to get the bedliner off, I doubt the sponges would work well.

My harbor freight grinder hates the new 4" wire wheel I bought...and so do my hands. Man this thing vibrates like crazy.

~Scott

If my new wire wheel is struggling to get the bedliner off, I doubt the sponges would work well.

My harbor freight grinder hates the new 4" wire wheel I bought...and so do my hands. Man this thing vibrates like crazy.

~Scott

they work thats what I used on Matt's old THORs. There were 50 bajillion layers of rust, paint, and dirt.

they work thats what I used on Matt's old THORs. There were 50 bajillion layers of rust, paint, and dirt.

It works so well it broke my grinder...:(

~Scott

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Thats awesome! How much did you spend on that grinder like 15 bucks?

Yeah it was a harbor freight sale one. I got my share of use out of it though. And it almost got everything off one of my thors.

~Scott

Yeah it was a harbor freight sale one. I got my share of use out of it though. And it almost got everything off one of my thors.

~Scott

HF grinders don't last. It is a tool you will use regularly for all sorts of projects, buy a decent one or three. On a side note, it is usually the switch that goes out in the HF grinder, you might be able to fix it if you are not able to return it.

The more agressive the wire wheel the more stress it puts on the grinder and operator ;) The better the paint, the more agressive wire wheel you need.

The "sponge" looking things can work well also, but I have only used them a couple of times.

Michael

HF grinders don't last. It is a tool you will use regularly for all sorts of projects, buy a decent one or three. On a side note, it is usually the switch that goes out in the HF grinder, you might be able to fix it if you are not able to return it.

The more agressive the wire wheel the more stress it puts on the grinder and operator ;) The better the paint, the more agressive wire wheel you need.

The "sponge" looking things can work well also, but I have only used them a couple of times.

Michael

I think the bearings or motor is shot...it makes a loud sqweel when I turn it on now and doesnt turn. It's all good though, I'll buy a decent one or buy the warrenty for the HF one next week.

I found a friend with a sand blaster cabinet though, went over there today to see if they fit and they just barely sqweeze in, he just needs sand.

~Scott

Back