• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ conversion

Los Lobos

NAXJA Forum User
This is a last minute project started a couple of days ago. Some of you may recognize this from CL about two months ago when it was extended.

StevesXJchop005Small.jpg

StevesXJchop002Small.jpg

StevesXJchop001Small.jpg

Last edited:
is that door still functional...would be kinda cool if it was

The side doors would open with a hydraulic spreader but it would be a chore. The handles will be removed and the door shaved. The rear door will lift up but does not have a strut on it to hold it, the strut mounts were removed for fitment. It's bolted to a bracket for now and i'm not sure what the final outcome will be yet. The front seats will need to be replaced for ones that fold forward as it is a pain in the ass to get in the back. Steve has been grinding down the welds as his time permits and what he showed me the other day looked good. He has a the plan in his head and as he get's it ironed out he stops in and I help him do more. The top is a temporary which was on there when it was extended. I'm not totally sure of the final top plan but I have an idea that it will be open with some kind of a soft cover for warmer weather. There are ideas of a cage for safety and support. After seeing the last rollover and realizing the A-pillar doesn't do much there will have to be something there.

It was the cover from a VW van that was on there when it was extended. It's temporary so Steve could bring up the XJ last weekend without getting rained/snowed on. There is a hole there that soon will be much larger to accomodate those romantic moonlight wheeling runs.

that thing is badass

It will be caged at some point hopefully soon and will get frame stiffners that I will be cutting this week. As to the distance it will go back will be figured on installation.

Is it done yet? Come on! your slower then.....err...hell mines been down for months

Back