• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

track bar removal problem

aleXJ89

NAXJA Forum User
Im trying to remove my track bar and I cant get the end where it is connected to the frame off, everything that i've searched is problems with the other end. Please do tell me if im just missing something obvious or whatever but it will just not come off, im trying to fix my death wobble problem and I noticed the track bar had alot of movement. here's a pic of the problem area.

l_46888cfcc63540d2bd68cc69dd595983.jpg

Oh, it's not all that uncommon to have problems with the tapered joint there.

You can try a pickle fork. Once you get some tension in there, try smacking the side of the frame bracket with a hammer, perpendicular to the rod end.

Is it just me, or does the track bar bracket itself look broken? The front edge looks like the welds are broken. Kinda looks like someone took a sledge hammer to it as well. I would just unbolt the whole bracket from the frame at this point.

Replace everything, bracket, bar and bolts!!

Junkyard

I had the same problem awhile back and I ended up cutting and torching everything off and replacing it with better stuff.

Back