• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 xj under hood temp

Hot enough to evaporate the water on the hood when it rains. Hot enough to reduce the life of the hoses etc to about 20% of the the normal life span.

I put a thermometer over the valve cover and took a drive around the block one Miami summer and recorded temperatures above 220*. That is without a mechanical fan and no hood vents while the engine remained 200 to 210*.

Yes Jeepers. That's why I mounted hoodvents. Especially for the ECU.
The isolation tape of the electric connectors were melting in the summer.
I use the hoodvent also for sniffing. Fuelleaks can be so detected. LOL :greensmok

I have been looking for some hood vents for some time now but the only thing that would fit the bill would be the complete hood like Go-Jeep have. I think it is US made. I like the idea and would love to have one but the price is out of my reach right now. It is some thing that need to included in the budget not pocket change.

Yes Jeepers. That's why I mounted hoodvents. Especially for the ECU.
The isolation tape of the electric connectors were melting in the summer.
I use the hoodvent also for sniffing. Fuelleaks can be so detected. LOL :greensmok

You live in The Netherlands and you choose to sniff your jeep? :D Can't you get better drugs than that there? :D

Fuel leaks is a good excuse though....LOL

Althou I was thinking of putting in hood spacers before....the reason I asked was quite:flame: different...I was thinking of making a pvc pipe canister for my K&N 'rustys unit' so I could do a snorkel w/o going back to the stock airbox and filter......but at 220+ I think the pvc will get soft....I've seen electricians heat and bend the stuff.
Forgot about go-Jeep...maybe he has something in his site.

Back