• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headed to Big Bear

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Happy Holidays gang!

I am heading to Big Bear today with the fam to play in the snow. Meeting a couple of buddies up there for a little afternoon snow wheeling. Nothing big. If anyone is in the area and wants to play, give me a call on my cell 714-319-7135.

No worries.

We are staying overnight. I plan on leaving in about an hour and should be up there around Noon. We have a little running around to do first.

As for wheeling, it will probably be around 1:30 or so. We will probably just play on 3N16 and maybe a different trail. I hear the snow is pretty deep. My friend is in a Grand Cherokee and only lifted about 2". My other buddy is at 5" on 33's but is new at wheeling.

We want to run Gold Mountain, but it might be too much in the snow. We are really going to play it by ear.

Each of us will have our families with us and will not be going crazy... dang it.

I don't have any solid plans except to get up there and have some fun.

Just give me a call around Noon and I should have a better idea.

So where is a good place to stay for a night or two up there with the familly. I am going up Monday and Tuesday to go Boarding and have the wife and kids along.

KH

Robert,
How long R U staying? I'll be up with family on Tuesday night.

(626) 673-2203

Hey gang,

I just got back. What a freaking couple of days. it took 7 hours to get there yesterday on the 38. There was an accident and no where to turn-around. I was finally able to get turned around and we ate a late lunch in Angelus Oaks. Then headed into Bear. No time for any playing or anything on Sat.

Stayed at HoneyBear Lodge & Cabins. It's an OK place right at the end of the town. We have stayed here a few times.

Got up this morning and headed over to play in the snow and do some wheeling. Gold Mountain had barely been touched so we did not even try it. We headed around towards teh landfill to hit 3N16 thinking it would be well traveled and we could find some hills for sledding. There were a few tracks, maybe 3 or 4 vehicles had attempted to run it. I was doing pretty good until we got a shady area and the snow was so powdery and soft it would not pack and I could not go any further. SO I backed all the way up and out and we called it a day. It took over 2 hours to go about a mile into 3N16 and turn around. It was fun though. The snow was at least 26 to 30 inches deep in places. I did get a few pics which I will post hopefully tomorrow.

Hey gang,

I just got back. What a freaking couple of days. it took 7 hours to get there yesterday on the 38. There was an accident and no where to turn-around. I was finally able to get turned around and we ate a late lunch in Angelus Oaks. Then headed into Bear. No time for any playing or anything on Sat.

Stayed at HoneyBear Lodge & Cabins. It's an OK place right at the end of the town. We have stayed here a few times.

Got up this morning and headed over to play in the snow and do some wheeling. Gold Mountain had barely been touched so we did not even try it. We headed around towards teh landfill to hit 3N16 thinking it would be well traveled and we could find some hills for sledding. There were a few tracks, maybe 3 or 4 vehicles had attempted to run it. I was doing pretty good until we got a shady area and the snow was so powdery and soft it would not pack and I could not go any further. SO I backed all the way up and out and we called it a day. It took over 2 hours to go about a mile into 3N16 and turn around. It was fun though. The snow was at least 26 to 30 inches deep in places. I did get a few pics which I will post hopefully tomorrow.

I was up at Angelus Oaks on Saturday with 2 other XJ's.

I just got back from a nice long stay at the cabin. The snow was crazy deep out there! The boy and I went boarding Monday at Bear Mountain and the place was packed....had a blast there though.
I'd bet there wasn't ten people there over 45...
:D
Anyway, I'm making a four hour turnaround and heading out to the sand dunes!
Time for some more vacation....

:cheers:

Back