• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TPS

The TPS is two halves, actually a dual/two TPS's, one half for the auto tranny and the other half for the motor or ECU.
What year XJ?

93 i took the TPS compltely off and just planned on picking up a new one it just wont shift out of 1st gear goes into reverse and neutral and park fine just not forward gears after 1st

In the earlier models (Renix), you could pull the TCU fuse (behind the glove box) and shift it manually (less one gear). I'm not real sure if this works for the 93 or not.
Have you tried the key method to check your MIL codes yet?
On your model (93) it's likely that you only have one TPS and the inputs come from the PCM and the speed sensor to the TCU. It's likely flaws may show up in a MIL code test.

Last edited:
so therefore the TPS wouldnt have any thing to do with the shift. i have looked everywhere for thi fuse and cant find it if its the tranny i have one sitting in my garage could it be that the filter hasnt ever been changed and the fluid is black

so therefore the TPS wouldnt have any thing to do with the shift. i have looked everywhere for thi fuse and cant find it if its the tranny i have one sitting in my garage could it be that the filter hasnt ever been changed and the fluid is black
Black fluid can't be good. (_*_)

Back