• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tie rod questions

dzolcali

NAXJA Forum User
dzolcali said:
anyone like this tierod or run one of these?

http://rustysoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=TR-125&Category_Code=ste

says 99 dollars which isn't too bad for the wallet, but I'm not sure if it's worth it to get one of these rods...Mine bent in the mud the other day..cheapo jeepo parts ;(

also any suggestions on some cheap d-rings that fit with the arb bumper? rough alluminum is fine I can polish them up probably or paint them.

The tie rod seems decent if you aren't interested in re-engineering the entire steering system.

Find a farm store, they usually have all sorts of D-rings. And I've never seen one made of aluminum, that would be a poor choice of material for strength reasons.

ahh ok, well they look alluminum with their dirty crudy looks cept the polished stainless ones that cost like 60 bucks(can you say over priced?)

Another question...why is re-gearing so expensive?

dzolcali said:
ahh ok, well they look alluminum with their dirty crudy looks cept the polished stainless ones that cost like 60 bucks(can you say over priced?)

Another question...why is re-gearing so expensive?

They look that way because there are minimal finishing operations beyond the initial forging. The polishing is what makes the SS ones so expensive.

Regearing is labor intensive, hence expensive.

hadfield4wd said:
A perosn in our club has one. Very beefy if you are going to stick witht he stock steering set up.

you're still gonna bend the drag link tho. my stock drag link bent a lot but my tie rod never bent. i think its because the drag link has a bend stock, which makes it easier to bend more.

-Tim

Back