• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

O/T: TJ Lift Party - Resheduled!! 9-30-06

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang,

I could not get the TJ lifted a few weeks ago so I have rescheduled. I am looking for a few folks to help me out on Saturday, Sept. 30th. Starting at 10:00 AM at my home in Lake Forest. Food and beverages will be provided.

We will be installing an RE 4.5" kit w/ HD trac bar, Advanced Adapter SYE, 33" tires on new rims, and a skid plate ot two. We may also have bumpers by then.

This is my first TJ lift, but I do't think it will be to hard.

Let me know if you can help.

Thanks!

djblade311 said:
start early and I can be there.

How early? How about 9:00 AM? I will run out and grab some doughnuts.

Lunch will also so be provided...

I may also have a few other goodies to install, depends on shipping and timing. The important thing is to get the old axles out, old suspension off, and the underside cleaned-up.

The other goodies: gas tank skid, t-case skid, front and rear bumpers, and rock sliders. Oh yeah, also a 1" body lift and motor mount lift (required for t-case skid)

So, who can help out?

Thanks in advance....

I'm willing to come down and help if we can do my XJ as well.

IslanderOffRoad said:
I'm willing to come down and help if we can do my XJ as well.

We can give it a shot. I will not be able to finish my TJ completely anyhow.

Do you have everything you need for the lift?

I have the tools and the space. The TJ will be in the garage. We can tackle your XJ in the driveway.

rpraterxj said:
We can give it a shot. I will not be able to finish my TJ completely anyhow.

Do you have everything you need for the lift?

I have the tools and the space. The TJ will be in the garage. We can tackle your XJ in the driveway.

I've got the Lift (RE 3.5" Superflex w/ leaf packs) shocks (RE twin tube) and an RE adjustable track bar. I'm buying PB Blaster this week, I've got alot of tools I can bring, no air tools though. I just need hands.

IslanderOffRoad said:
I've got the Lift (RE 3.5" Superflex w/ leaf packs) shocks (RE twin tube) and an RE adjustable track bar. I'm buying PB Blaster this week, I've got alot of tools I can bring, no air tools though. I just need hands.

OK. You will need to fins some jack stands as all 4 of mine will be in use. I have a floor jack.

The address is 25251 Arder Court, Lake Forest, CA 92630.

Start after 9:00 AM.

Do you have extended brake lines, t-case drop, sway bar end links/disconnects?

Give me a call tomorrow afternoon and we can talk about it more. I will PM you my cell #.

You can link my post to yours if you want.

Last edited:
I've got a couple jack stands as well, I can locate a few more. I have the brake lines, and the sway bar stuff, I do not have an x-case drop or SYE yet. I was under the impression they aren't always needed, I can deal with the vibes getting it home if it vibrates.

IslanderOffRoad said:
I've got a couple jack stands as well, I can locate a few more. I have the brake lines, and the sway bar stuff, I do not have an x-case drop or SYE yet. I was under the impression they aren't always needed, I can deal with the vibes getting it home if it vibrates.

Cool. I have a t-case drop kit if you need it. You may not have any issues at all.

You have anybody planning on helping you already that will be coming down?

We have 4 folks confirmed, so we can team-up on the Jeeps.

Talk to you tomorrow.

I have at least one, possibly two.

IslanderOffRoad said:
I have at least one, possibly two.

That's cool. We should be able to get yours done. We will have both jobs going at one time. A couple of us in the garage on the TJ and couple of us in the driveway on the XJ. Just bring all of your stuff and your tools.

I am not sure how much I will be doing to the TJ. Probably just removing the axles and stock suspension, installing body lift and motor mounts, and some armor. The suspension can't go in until the axles are here anyways.

We have the lift, tires, and SYE in the garage. I ordered the bumpers and armor yesterday. The axles should be here next week. (I bought a matching set of axles from a 2006 LJ, D30 (low pinion) and a D44 rear, both with 3.73 gears. D44 has a trac-lock and disc brakes!)

I may ask for some help the following Sunday and finishing things up. It all depends on how much I can get through the week (nights).

Thanks!

IslanderOffRoad said:

John - I just sent you a PM.

OK gang,

After careful consideration, I have made a couple of changes for Saturday:

1. We will NOT be trying to work on a TJ and an XJ at the same time (Sorry John, too much going on)
2. TJ - Install body and motor mount lift
3. TJ - Install fron and rear bumpers
4. TJ - Install gas tank and power steering skid
5. TJ - Install T-case skid
6. TJ - Install rock rails

Time permitting, we will begin removing the factory axles and suspension. I want to clean the undercarriage and paint.

I do expect the replacement axles this week. I do expect them middle of next week.

I need to get the Advanced Adapter SYE install sometime in the next week as well.

I found out today that I have Monday, Oct. 9th off as a holiday (Columbus Day) I will utilize this day for the axle install. If anyone is off and available to help, please let me know.

Then the follwoing Tuesday, get the driveshaft done.

Thanks in advance for the folks that are coming to help. It's going to be a great day!

Make sure you already have PB BLaster on those bolts N Nuttz. :)

djblade311 said:
Make sure you already have PB BLaster on those bolts N Nuttz. :)

Dun it 2 weeks ago. Resprayed last week. Sparaying one more time tomorrow evening!!!!

You tink I am newbie or soemthing??? :roflmao: (only to the TJ, not to rusted bolts on a Jeep)

OK, things are on for tomorrow. Josh is showing up around 9:00, others around 10:00.

Tomorrow will be mostly tear-down day as I did not receive the body lift or tranny skid. I do have the front bumper, steering skid, and gas tank skid and of course the lift kit.

We will be removing the stock suspension and axles. We will prep the undercarriage and begin installing some of the lift components. We will remove the gas tank and loosen the body tub bolts.

Since I will not have some of the items until next week, I will be wrenching on the TJ again on Sunday, Oct 8th and Monday, Oct.9 (Holiday) If anyone want to assist, I will definitely appreciate it.

I still do not have a solid answer on when to expect the axles. The guy is waiting on some other parts. He said he should hopefully have them out by end of next week.

Anyway, see you tomorrow.

Call me with any questions - 714-319-7135 (no later than 9:00 PM, no earlier than 8:00 AM)

Thanks,

what? Am I the only lamo who wants to get wrenchin early?

So how did it go today?

Kyung

Back