• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 Glovebox Question

eroc37

NAXJA Forum User
What's between the glovebox and the firewall? is the heater core back there? some vital wire harness? i want to drill through there with a hole saw to run my air intake inside the jeep and can't figure out how to remove the glovebox or just what's lurking back there.

anyone know?

The vac lines for the heater control, some wires, top of the heater core box, ducting for the side and windshield defroster. I think that's about it that i can think of.

Air intake inside the jeep. Do you realize how much noise that will create. Really not room to pull it through the fire wall there unless you have plans to remove the heater.

i know it would be loud but i was thinking of a switchable underhood/inside cab intake that i could close upon water crossings. it would be annoyingly loud but OK for a short time.

but as i figured there is no clean place to go through the firewall.

i guess i have to use the stupid tree catcher snorkel like everybody else.

Or a Hood Scoop snorkel.... Mine is not finished yet...

l_0f502ba0d5ba4c01879a441ee5daf876.jpg

I plan on keeping my stock airbox and just running a tube into the cown to draw air from there.

However if you were ditching the stock airbox completely or even if you were keeping it, it would be cool to bring the intake above the cowl and fabricate a dome or something to cover the intake, sort of like the HMMWV's have.

My plan if I keep my 88 is to fab an airtube from the left scoop to the stock airbox, which is much easier than creating a whole new filter solution/location... then fab a way to block off the stock intake location just for deep fording situations.

Back