• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thanks to Leep and Grimm

89cherokeexj

NAXJA Forum User
Thank you dennis for bringing that sub a little closer my way, and thank you grimm for the great deal on the subwoofer. I think I am going to buy another one and have 2 15's. I like how it sounds, I like how clean it sounds. Thank you both again very much!!

right on man.. now you can mob and bumb at the same time lol

right on man.. now you can mob and bumb at the same time lol
dont forget to tie it down real good! the magnet on the back of that speaker is HUGE if you bounce the truck hard and the speaker jumps up and hits the floor it WILL tear the front of the box off. thats why that box is choppped in half, it had 2 15s in it till i went to glamis ;)

Alek, I already had bump...lol I just had to have that for some reason..haha

The box is coming apart, when I get paid I'm going to buy a new box. The bottom of the box is moving up and down about a 1/4 of an inch when it is being played. I'm assuming the box wasn't glued enough or there wasn't enough screws or I'm just bumping it to hard :) ...I dont know, but I want to buy a ported box and see how it sounds!!

that sub is NOT made for a regular ported box. MAYBE a tuned slot port, but for sure not a round port box. its made to go into a sealed box thats why it has such a small suround. its made to punch hard not roll a deep excursion. read up on it on kickers website before you go putting it in a ported box and burning the voice coil. :cheers:

or not, its yours now :D
:cheers:

i gotta sub i want to put in my jeep but im not sure if i want to take up all that space for a ported ID MAX 12... i will figure out a system after i get a roof rack so i know i have other places to store my junk for a trail run.

Grimm, I wasn't meaning to be an a-hole, I'm sorry. If it doesn't belong in a ported box, then I'll take your word for it. Would buying a bigger sealed box be o.k.?? I have never owned any kciker subs so I dont know anything about there specifications etc. I really like the sub, I do. The only reason for a new box would be so there isn;t air escaping all over the place, thus making the sub sound like it's blown....

i gotta sub i want to put in my jeep but im not sure if i want to take up all that space for a ported ID MAX 12... i will figure out a system after i get a roof rack so i know i have other places to store my junk for a trail run.

That is the only down side to it. My WHOLE back behind the seat is taken up with audio equipment. Although it sounds really good and hit's extremely hard ( I got comments on it all the time), it just takes up too much room!!

That is the only down side to it. My WHOLE back behind the seat is taken up with audio equipment. Although it sounds really good and hit's extremely hard ( I got comments on it all the time), it just takes up too much room!!

YES IT IS ! I can hear him coming 3 states away LOL

haha Dennis has heard my stereo before..hahah ask him it's a little ridiculous.

Grimm I really appreciate the great deal you gave me, looks like I wont be putting it into a ported box, thanks for the advice, I will definently check that out. Is that box built to a certain specification???

specs:
specs.jpg

Grimm, I wasn't meaning to be an a-hole, I'm sorry. If it doesn't belong in a ported box, then I'll take your word for it. Would buying a bigger sealed box be o.k.?? I have never owned any kciker subs so I dont know anything about there specifications etc. I really like the sub, I do. The only reason for a new box would be so there isn;t air escaping all over the place, thus making the sub sound like it's blown....

seriously... buying a bigger box could more than likely make matters worse. ( sounding blown )... if it were me and my box and the sub sounded good in what it's in, i would just drill more pilot holes in it with a small small drill bit, then put more screws in it to keep it from seperating. then i would remove the sub and buy a tube of outdoor caulk and seal the seams and let it dry. and that should take care of the problem "IF" the box seperating and making a vibration sound is the problem. PM me the sub name size like kicker comp vr 12 inch dual 4 ohm or something, so i can find the specs on it and i can draw you up the correct sized box according to my box calculator.

according to my box calculator, they claim that ur sub would sound optimum in a 5.22 cu ft box. i have used this designer before and it's never been wrong. a 1.8 cu ft box to me sounds kind of small IMO. i have a 1.5 cu ft box built for my IDMAX 12...

...ok i read a little further and the kicker sub's minimum sub enclosure size is 1.8... but the sealed SQ maximum enclosure size is 5.2 cu ft... so my box calculator was right...

but im sure building a 2 cubic foot box would be more than suffice for your needs... so if your planning on buying a cheap box, shoot for a 2 cu ft box and buy a tube of silicone so you can seal the air leaks

Back