• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alternator Rewind in the OC?

XJMilan

NAXJA Forum User
My alternator went out and I was thinking about getting it rewound to a higher amp and I was wondering if anyone knows of a place in the OC that does it so I can check prices and what not to see if it is even worth it to go that route. I prefer the north OC or even the IE. Thanks.

You might check out Mobi-arc they have alternator up grade kits for most japanese alternators (later XJs are equipped with Hitachi alternators) that consist of a new stator and diode bridge. They up the amperage output to make them compatible with their onboard welders. IIRC it was about $90 for my Toyota's Nippondenso......alas, I don't have an extra $90 laying around though---------Hans

Last edited:
My alternator went out and I was thinking about getting it rewound to a higher amp and I was wondering if anyone knows of a place in the OC that does it so I can check prices and what not to see if it is even worth it to go that route. I prefer the north OC or even the IE. Thanks.
There's a place on Main street in Rivercide just off the 60 that does that. Can't remember the name but it's west of the 60 about 1 block on the left.

There's a place on Main street in Rivercide just off the 60 that does that. Can't remember the name but it's west of the 60 about 1 block on the left.
I just looked it up, it is called A&A Alternator & Starters, fyi. Thanks for the heads up. I will check them out also.

Back