• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who has bypass shocks on the front?

squirrel80

NAXJA Forum User
I tried a search and can't find pics of the rig that I saw with bypasses on the front from SoCal. I know Skullver is running some, but I am looking for someone with Kings and piggyback reservoirs, I saw a pic somewhere. My question is thier room in the front with the T&J upper shock mount for the shock and the piggyback without cutting the inner fenderwell out.

These arent bypasses but you get the idea, I had the t&j mount and I still cut out to make room for the resevoir hose... I guess it would depend on the way the piggy back is mounted or where it is mounted if you would have enough room but im pretty sure you are stil going to need to do some cutting regardless, last thing you want is to damage the piggy back while romping it

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG00061.jpg

No the cage wasnt, I honestly dont think the cut that I made were enough to weaken it structually, but one never knows I did hit a huge dip at bakerfield and really mashed the front end but she held together.

Skullvarian has some nice shots of his 7100s with the TandJ brackets but required a 90deg adapter I believe.

Most piggyback bypasses come out of the bottom of the shock body. There should be no issues with the upper mount. Take a look over on the Jeepspeed board, as the majority of the XJs there have bypasses in front.

-Dan

These arent bypasses but you get the idea, I had the t&j mount and I still cut out to make room for the resevoir hose... I guess it would depend on the way the piggy back is mounted or where it is mounted if you would have enough room but im pretty sure you are stil going to need to do some cutting regardless, last thing you want is to damage the piggy back while romping it

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG00061.jpg

What is the silver stem running through the coil?

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG00061.jpg

How did you get the spring past the pinch bolt?:worship:

I tried a search and can't find pics of the rig that I saw with bypasses on the front from SoCal. I know Skullver is running some, but I am looking for someone with Kings and piggyback reservoirs, I saw a pic somewhere. My question is thier room in the front with the T&J upper shock mount for the shock and the piggyback without cutting the inner fenderwell out.
Our shock mounts are designed for the use of piggy back resi. shocks.

Nitrogen bump stop
No Filars allowed.....

just found this thread while doing a search somewhat related to my bypass's... and thought id share my experience.

these fox 2.5's (with the 2.5 resi) dont fit! gotta beat sheet metal

had to clearence the fender wall for the big 2.5 piggyback, where my finger is pointing, before....

and after the sledgehammer...

Back