• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

In need of an exploded diagram of a Dana 30 non-diconnect...

Dann

NAXJA Forum User
..for a '98 before mine explodes. Noticed a slightly different sound , or perhaps "feel" would be a better word coming from my front driveline about 2 wks ago while driving a trail in North Carolina. Unfortunately, I didn't think much of it, and yesterday while swapping out my LCA's, and extending my track bar a bit, I noticed that my right front u-joint, knuckle, and surrounding area looked a little oily and dirty. So I figured I'd check my front diff fluid level, and sure enough it was low. The scary part was the magnetic drain plug. It looked like a little grayish silver porcupine, and there is obviously alot of metal particles in the fluid. No big chunks, just metal particles suspended in the fluid. I haven't drained the diff completely yet, just topped it up because next weekend I'll probably open it up and check it out thoroughly, as well as replace the passenger side seal. I'd like to find an exploded view schematic that shows all the components, and hopefully get an idea of what else could be wrong or worn inside. TIA, Dann

http://4wd.com/shopcherokee/

Best I can say is order a free catalog for the Cherokee.

In the back of the catalog there is exploded views of everything with part #'s i.e. T-150 3 speed trannys, 231 cases, jeep 300 cases, axles anything that was put in any jeep, any year. Comes with price list as well.

Sorry I don't know where else to look.

Here is the exploded view out of the catalog M.Lake mentioned. Sorry the scan isnt that great, but it is all I gots....hope it helps. Try saving it and then zooming in on it so you can actually read the text.

88478825QYfQqZ_ph.jpg

let's resurrect a 9+ year old thread, shall we?

I need this same exploded parts view. For my '97. I've heard they're on dana's website, but I sure as hell couldn't find it.

And yes, I google image searched it and only came up with a TINY resolution one.

Here is one off quadratec's website...but it's not accurate. I know the outer pinion oil slinger DOES NOT GO OUTSIDE THE PINION SEAL. lol..

Anyone?

http://www.quadratec.com/jeep-replacement-parts/jeep-axles-differentials/xj-dana-30-front.php

Last edited:
Back