• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1" wider than stock flares interest

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
Due to the other thread started on here I have been in contact with Omix-Ada who already make stock replacement flares out of the same plastic as stock. What I have asked is why when they went to all the trouble of making those moulds didn't they at least make them say 1" wider than stock but still bolt up to the same place. Could not have been that much more work. The reply I got was:
"Thank you for the suggestion. We have considered it, but the tooling is very expensive, and there may not be enough return to justify the expense. We’ll continue to evaluate the idea."
So I thought if enough people expressed an interest they might think about doing it. Companies are selling their flares for a set of 4 stock ones for $77 ( http://www.offroadoverstock.com/store.cfm?page=list.cfm&criteria=46&action=list&cat=21&startrow=1&maxrows=10&afid=& ) so I said there would be a huge market for them as no competition at that price range or in the material they use. Bushwackers are just too big and wide making even 33's look tiny and Rusty's are too fragile and the shape front to rear is different??. I think that stock looking but 1" wider like the Sahara Wrangler flares might be the ticket for those like me who must keep the tyres covered. Loved to have the rear flare a bit higher on the guard and only 1/2" wider than stock but dont want to make it too hard for them either to change from a stock mould they have to work off.
So email them at: [email protected] and even express your interest here as well and I will send them this link. Do both though I think.

I think it's a great idea Marcus, wondered often why no manufacturer has keyed in on this before.
Since they'd already be adjusting the tooling for more flare width, perhaps they could also incorperate a slightly "taller" flare to allow for trimming of the opening?
Someone could baseline the opening size (you seem to be really good at this sort of thing ;)) for a cut fender version that allowed the rears to be trimmed up to the seam and the fronts up so the flare top sits just below the body line?

I know, keep it simple.....but I'm thinking that they would likely have a better target market if they reworked them to be wider and taller.

Thinking also that this might be better off moved to the stock section too?

I agree with Jeff as well. I like the look of the stock flares and would love to be able to use them to cover my 35's, as it stands now I am going to (eventually) install rear TJ flares on all four corners.

Factory looks and factory forgiveness plus an inch wider, I would buy a set.

x4 or 5 i lost count.

i am currently in the market for a new set of flares but thing bushwackers and TJ flares are terribly ugly and i dont want to give rustys any more of my money

-Tim

I sent one. Of course I invited anyone at the company to come visit Naxja for coments or suggestions. I'm sure that we can help them design a quality product that many would buy. I would love a wider flare, but hate no flare or the brittle wings that are on the market now.
Angus

Its amazing that someone hasn't offered something like we are talking about yet. I would think they would do pretty well with a little wider, little more opening flare. Look at all the people running wrangler flares... Theres definately an interest if people are going through that much effort to keep legal.

I was looking at how to trim and keep my stock flares just yesturday.
At the prices shown for it would be a good deal. The only problem is that I would need some like Jeff described for fenders trimmed widee and taller.
They could still use the stck mountnig hardware just move it up a bit. That would give both height and some width.
I'm in for a set.
Sent them and email too.

I doubt that if they decided to make a new design, all we would get would be wider, nothing taller etc for the cut wheel wells..for those that need them, just cut the metal out, and move them up, redrill the holes, very simple to do, then just cut whats needed off the bottom of the flare that wraps around to the underside of the rockers.

Back