• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please don't be a dumbass!

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Short Story: My Jeep got hit at work tonight, because some dumbass in his Land Rover decided to do cookies in our parking lot! The Jeep is fine, his LR3 was smashed up pretty good, and I'm still steaming!

Long Story: I got called up front, and two Asian guys were standing there. One of them says he thinks he hit my Jeep. We walk outside (10:00pm) and he points to my Jeep. My heart is racing, and I'm thinking it's going to be smashed to smithereens. From a distance I could tell it had been hit, because the back end was shifted 5-6" in the snow. As I get closer I see pieces of orange lenses, glass, a fender flare, and plastic shards all over the snow. I'm thinking to myself that he took out a taillight, smashed my hatch, and bent the hell out of my quarter panel. When I get up to the back driver side corner, my fender flare is intact, taillight is intact, quarter panel is intact, and the snow on my rear bumper hasn't even been touched. :confused:

I asked the guy if this was the Jeep he hit, and he said yes and pointed to the back quarter panel area. I look again and can't even find a dent or scratch! So I looked at his rig (Land Rover LR3 w/ dealer plates) and his front drivers side fender area is smashed to hell! No headlight, no blinker, no trim pieces, missing a fender flare, the bumper looks like it exploded on impact. Easily over $1000 in parts. His rig looked like it just hit a telephone pole. I went back and looked at my Jeep and tried to figure out where he hit and couldn't find anything. I was truly amazed at the differences in damage! My Jeep took it like a champ!

I'm going to look it over in the morning carefully, but it didn't look like there was any visible damage. To top it off after I got his info, and went back inside another guy came in and said he witnessed the whole thing. Apparently the LR3 was going to flee the scene, but this guy cut them off, and told them to come find the owner. His wife is a Commander at the Clark County Sheriffs Dept, so he called for an officer to come take a look too. Very nice guy, I'm lucky he was there otherwise it would have been a hit and run.

Moral of the story, DON'T try and impress your friends by doing cookies in parking lots. I don't care if you think you "know what your doing," just don't do them around other cars, or within the site of others to begin with! If you absolutely must screw off, then go find a secluded area. Hopefully then you will wrap your rig around a tree, far away from others. :thumbup:

Apparently the LR3 was going to flee the scene, but this guy cut them off, and told them to come find the owner. His wife is a Commander at the Clark County Sheriffs Dept, so he called for an officer to come take a look too. Very nice guy, I'm lucky he was there otherwise it would have been a hit and run.

Further proof that Clark County = good LEOs.

Check out the rig thoroughly man. Sorry this happened to you. :(

Bummer man, good luck with the rig!

That's why you play in parking lots without cars/people. :)

~Scott

just driving in this stuff is crazy fun. why would you need a parking lot?

on second thought. if your reading this, and thinking im no fun, I do enjoy a huge parking lot covered in ice! but i go to one place. and one place only. Its about 4 acres in size, and its got a 5' bank of snow all the way around. one pure ice rink. i would say where, but ECKSJAY might turn me in haha:eyes:

Whatever you do, stay safe out there, ice is no joke. 38"s will slide just as easy as Low profile sport tires. Be respectful to the people and vehicles around you.

Awsome quote Phil.

I towed a 4runner that thought it would fun to pull cookies in a park. they hit a tree in 4th 4wd and both hit the windsheld they were not wearing seat belts they went to the hospital. I have spun cookies also and ya its fun in a minnie school bus (I have a crewcab dually long bed) or the tow trucks.

Further proof that Clark County = good LEOs.

I'll agree with that. :thumbup:

Dustin i'm sorry to hear this. Look it over real good and find something and file a report. If you don't he will probably say you hit him.

Luckily I have a witness on my side who can pull some strings from within if needed. Also two officers came out later that night and put it on record. If he does try to flip it on me I doubt it will go anywhere. I'm off tomorrow so I'll be sure to give the Jeep a good look over. I'm still amazed at how much damage his rig suffered compared to mine. I really wish I had a camera.

I towed a 4runner that thought it would fun to pull cookies in a park. they hit a tree in 4th 4wd and both hit the windsheld they were not wearing seat belts they went to the hospital.

Good.

That was a potential Darwin Award right there.

These "cookies" you speak of, are they chocolate chip? Oatmeal? Peanut Butter?
thefinger.gif

Glad to hear your Jeep is OK though. :D

haha cookies! everyones got a different word for them. glad your jeep is in one piece, I'd really check it out or have a bodyshop have a look! sounds like you got lucky!

at least it wasn't me this time.....whew!

seriousley, that sucks Dustin. hope all is well. that rig has served you well and it would be a damn pitty if some other asshole was responsible for fawking it up. (thats your job)

keep us posted.

Yeah, we always called them Doughnuts, because you're making a circle with a hole in the middle.

Cookies?

As for wishing you had a camera...

Got a cell phone? Most have cameras.

E! - Master of the Obvious

Yeah, we always called them Doughnuts, because you're making a circle with a hole in the middle.

x2 but can't blame ya you live pretty close to Oregon.hasta

Back