• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snow chains or cables

s7tech

NAXJA Forum User
I am going up to Big Bear for new years so I was wandering where I can buy snow chains for 33x12.5 15s locally. Thanks in advance for your help.

I have some snow cables that you can borrow.

No luck at Napa or 4 wheel parts. Napa did say that they could order them, but no matter what I couldn't get my money back. So I asked him" if the guy in the warehouse sent the wrong ones I would be screwed", he said "yes". I didn't order them just on general priciple after that.

I might have to take you up on that.

Sure. Let me know.

If you bought some, you'd probably never need to use them. I got mine a couple years ago, but I haven't used them yet. I take them with me in case the CHP asks.

You out-of-state people don't understand. ;) This is Southern California. When we go to the local mountains, most of the time we will never have to actually put chains on.

But sometimes, the CHP will have a checkpoint and they will ask if you have chains WITH you. Just show them the chains or cables in the back of the Jeep and you're on your way. Sometimes, they'll take your word for it.

So there is no need to pay $75+ for chains or cables when you can just borrow some.

so far ive went up to shirley meadows several times in my honda civic and 2wd trucks w/o a problem .... the last time i took my jeep though and wow what a difference 4wd makes... who would of thought haha.

the chp out here are buttholes, im surprized they havent passed a law to where you need a licence to fart or something.

its crazy us CA folk shut down the highways and require chains for the slightest snow fall, but in any place that gets snow every year... they done need chains or anything. CA people just cant drive for nothing, they all need helmets i think.

Back