• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Toyo Open Country MTs - Vs. - Cooper Discoverer STTs

HeavyMetal

NAXJA Forum User
it has come down to these 2 tires for what i wanna buy (in 35" size)

experience with both would be greatly appreciated. their tread pattern seems very similar but im not sure on sidewall specifics (strength-wise) or rubber compound, soft-hard or whatever else

and the toyos only come in a 35x13.5 for the 15" rims. im going to have 15x8s, is this still wise for a 13.5 tire?

ive seen a few comp buggies actually running the toyos in the rocks so i can only assume that they do quite well there. really just lookin for some real world experience.

thanks all :)

I ran Cooper STT (the old tread style...looks like a BFG MT almost) for a little over a year... Not in the 35" but whatever.

They worked great in the SE regional slop... did well on dry rocks and fine on snowy trails also. I did cut one sidewall, but that was after a year or so of abuse (I am never gentle on my tires)

The only thing I have bad to say for them is pretty fast wear. 22,000 miles and they are pretty used up. Since they changed the tread pattern, I have gone another direction.

i have the toyo m/t's in the 33 13.50 15, and love them. im running them on 15x8's w 3.75 bs. only problem i had was the retards i bought my wheels from gave me 4 in bs on my first set and the lugs would rub on my lower control arms (re adjustables). after checking the bs my self, i realised what the problem was and made them get me the right wheels. they have performed well for me on rocks, mud, street and wet conditions. im not too sure about the tire wear because i have only put about 6k miles on them. although , they do still look new.

Back