• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj thinks its getting stolen?

irish636

NAXJA Forum User
ive had this problem for a while and its very irritating. i have a 99xj and the immobilizer light comes and goes. sometimes it wont let me start the car, or if it does it runs for 3-5 secs and shuts itself off. sometimes i will be driving and the light will come on and my guages will go dead but the jeep will keep running? what causes this? the dealer says its not the halo? PLEASE HELP! thanks guys

is your key the Immobilizer one (thick grey head)?, if youve been driving around it most likely is... also if you have another chrysler immobilizer key on the same key chain it can interact and cause it to read wrong and shut down the engine. hope this helps any, Todd

Could also be a loose or corroded conection behind the dash/odometer panel. They tend to have a problem and cause the dash to go dead, but I've never seen it shut the car down.

Back