• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Obama's pick for swearing him in.

ZomBrady

Chubby Chaser Extraordinaire
NAXJA Member
So what do you guys think of Obama's pick for swearing him? Conservative preacher that has pushed pro-life and anti-gay marriage issues? Do you think this is merely a political ploy?

Personally, I see Obama's appointments and choices since the election and I'm somewhat impressed that he has been trying to reach across the table and ensure that there is conservative representation in his administration. I think his choice for swearing him in is a very interesting one.

So do you conservative types (like you Tim/Bent) feel that you're being under represented in Obama's administration thus far?

Well maybe with this choice it will keep all the conspiracy nuts from going on how it was a Koran with a Bible wrapping.

But in the end its all political.

So do you conservative types (like you Tim/Bent) feel that you're being under represented in Obama's administration thus far?

I’m having an easier time of it than Pelosi. ROTFLMAO!
So far he’s showing much different colors than the rhetoric he ran on, much more centrist. I think he has been exposed to the realities of the matters at hand and it’s clear to him that some of the crap he spewed during the campaigns just isn’t going to work. I’ll respect him for that. Although I didn’t vote for the man, I hope he pulls it off; God knows he has his work cut out for him.

Moving this thread to the politics forum.

BACK ON YOUR ISLAND!

I’m having an easier time of it than Pelosi. ROTFLMAO!
So far he’s showing much different colors than the rhetoric he ran on, much more centrist. I think he has been exposed to the realities of the matters at hand and it’s clear to him that some of the crap he spewed during the campaigns just isn’t going to work. I’ll respect him for that. Although I didn’t vote for the man, I hope he pulls it off; God knows he has his work cut out for him.

I hope you're right Tim. I am disappointed with his appointment to Secretary of Education. She pushed for a separate school for gay children back in Illinois, which I think is utterly ridiculous. But I am have been pleasantly surprised with the rest of his appointments thus far.

So what do you guys think of Obama's pick for swearing him? Conservative preacher that has pushed pro-life and anti-gay marriage issues? Do you think this is merely a political ploy?... ..., I think his choice for swearing him in is a very interesting one.
Makes no difference. "Window dressing"
Personally, I see Obama's appointments and choices since the election and I'm somewhat impressed that he has been trying to reach across the table and ensure that there is conservative representation in his administration.
I see him providing jobs for former Clinton admin. types. The only "choices" he's made so far are his appointments. What policies he will actually endorse/support, we'll have to wait for. After all, is anything he says now going to be any more accurate then what he said during the campaign? Or during his time in Congress?
He hasn't taken office yet. There is no "administration" to be represented in yet. We get to wait and see.

The term for arguing about what he's going to do is called "mental masturbation"

I didn't support him during the election. I don't think anyone who shares my views in his admin. will be listened to, so it probably doesn't matter weather or not they're there. I'm hoping for the best, but I think his positions, once everything settles down, will be about the same as his prior congressional/state legislature voting record indicated. I can't say I'm too happy about that, but as I said, we get to wait and see.

Back