• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Horn, Blinker, and Wiper Problem

Carone

NAXJA Forum User
The horn has never worked correctly in my jeep since I have owned it. I was never able to make it horn by pressing the button but it would honk from time to time when I would turn. I have disconnected the horn but when I turn I can hear an arcing sound coming from down by the fuse panel. Also, I can now hear this same sound when i wiggle the blinker switch. I also noticed that my wipers seem to move at about the same speed regardless if where they are set. I guessing this is a short in the column or a bad relay? Where should a look for a short? What else could be wrong?

Has anyone replaced the entire fuse panel? Mine has seen some better days

There is a inginition switch torwards the back of the steering column sitting on top pretty easy to get there. I bet it is burnt out. Mine was and my windshield wipers would never work. If you got your burnt out then shorted with other wires it could cause the problem you are describing. Oh yeah the switch is like 10 bucks at autozone and maybe a 30 min job to replace.

Mine had the wiring connector burnt too so I went to a JY and cut out and old connector and wired it in.

Back