• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pinyon mtn run,mon dec 22

mikeyl

NAXJA Forum User
have the week off, some friends and i are going to run the jeep squeeze and heartattack hill on the 22nd. anyone interested we will be meeting at the mcdonalds in ramona at 7 am monday morning. if time permits the plan will be pinyon into fish creek with a hiking stop up sandstone canyon for some pictures. then up diablo drop off and maybe out oriflame/rodrigous canyon to the banner grade. if you are interested post here or send to me at [email protected] that is always on at work and i should be able to respond quicker. this will be a moderate/technical run so keep that in mind

sweet,i'm lifted, locked and on 33's, lol

How late do you think the run will go?

I have to be at work by 4...

I dont go on vacation till the 24th

hard to say on the time. the general run, just running pinyon into fish creek is claimed to be about 4 hours ride time. so depending where you need to be it may be pushing it to be back by 4 even if only the first leg is done. maybe someone else here can give you a better time frame! fish creek comes out at split mtn rd in ocotillo wells, so check a map to see how far from there. we usually grab a bite to eat before leaving so figure on the road by 8am at the latest, sooner if i know everyone is there. also it depends on the number of rigs. so far only about 4, maybe 5 rigs are going. more rides=more time.

also the squeeze can do some body damage! rock rails would be nice. i would prefer that stockish rigs have tow points so that we can strap, if need be, should we decide to go up diablo drop-off.

Last edited:
thanks eric! . good to know a better idea of general trail time! this will be a kid friendly run as several of the rigs will be carrying future "wheeler/enjoy our public lands younguns". i expect we will hit at least a few of the major stops. the last trip over thanksgiving took them (and adults) to explore the mudcaves. much to my chagrin i am getting to old and fat to easliy fly through the "rabbit hole/hidden cave " mudcave. i find myself going a lot slower than through these than i used to.

next hiking trip is for dec 29. this will be the mecca hills/ladder canyon trail above the salton sea. anyone with interest contact me. young and youn at heart always welcome!

hmmm, probably will have to pass on this trip, only have a few days of work left before I am done for the year, so I gotta try and get more hours.

Esp since I already had two days of because of the rain...

Maybe next time...

oh Mike, you invited these guys???!! Just kiddin. But your post originally went on "the other board" first.

I'm still a maybe. But closer to yes then no. I'll give you a ring Sunday and let you know for sure or not so you're not at the trail head wonderin if I'm gonna show.

sounds good mike. looks like it may just be myself,john c, maybe kevin and you, and a guy from work in a jk unlimited. hope you make it, but if not merry christmas,happy haunaka,cheery kwanza, and an far out festivus!

np, it's not too far for us. comin?

I would love to, but:

1 - My employer is expecting me to be working that day.

2 - I still have a leaky gas tank.

I could probably get around #1... but I seriously doubt I will have time this weekend to deal with the gas tank.

Back