• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tow trucks...

Muddy Beast

NAXJA Forum User
I love how I just got done waiting for two hours for a tow truck, that seems he had no intentions of coming. I called my insurance because my Jeep stopped being capable of starting and I cant get anything to make her start and keep running, so I decided I'd have it towed home so I could work on it. Well they asked how the weather was and I told them icy, but not horrible, they told the tow truck company and said, "Ok it'll be 90 minutes." I said fine and the waiting process began. Well 2 hours and 15 minutes go by and I finally get a call from the tow truck guy, he asked how the roads were and I told him what I told the insurance, icy but not horrible as there are dry patches where the tires go. He freaked out and said he couldn't do it, and we could try it in the morning. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? IT'S SUPPOSED TO SNOW 4-6"s TONIGHT AND YOU WANT TO TRY IT TOMARROW!? Now I have to fix my Jeep on the side of the road at night, cool!

Wow I'm so pissed that guy didn't even TRY to examine the roads himself, if he doesn't realize it's icy, then he better open his eyes before he tells people he'll tow them!

Rant over.
~Scott

That sucks, he didnt want the business! If you were remotely close to me, i'd come up with a strap!

Must have been a rookie driver, Where I live tow trucks run in any weather no matter what! Two of them even have snow cats to recover rigs from the mountains when the rookie off roaders get stuck in the snow.

Must have been a rookie driver, Where I live tow trucks run in any weather no matter what! Two of them even have snow cats to recover rigs from the mountains when the rookie off roaders get stuck in the snow.

I would be all over that...but I dont have rear recovery. And the hill Scott lives on top off would be impossible to tow another Jeep up when it is pure ice.

-Lyle

Here's the thing with that...I told the guy he could drop my Jeep off at the bottom, because atleast then it's close...but he said no still. I just spent 2 hours laying in the snow while its 27 degrees out trying to swap my alternator, things are slow when you have an engine skid (UGHH) and when your fingers are completely numb.

Now I get to go back tomarrow with a freshly charged battery and hope for the best.

~Scott

Scott, you want a hand?

Thanks for the offer, but I don't think there's much anyone can do. Since it's already on the side of the road, and I've already started working on it.

~Scott

Where the hell is it anyways? Call ben and have him tow it to the bottom of your hill.

-Lyle

P.S. It may not be impossible...but the image of Scotts rig pulling mine back down the hill into traffic isnt one I want to see.

If I finish mine at a decent hour tomorrow I'll come help. pm me your number. I'll be in Edmonds all day

Where the hell is it anyways? Call ben and have him tow it to the bottom of your hill.

-Lyle

P.S. It may not be impossible...but the image of Scotts rig pulling mine back down the hill into traffic isnt one I want to see.

I called him hoping he'd tow my rig into his garage so I could work on it...but he's sick and at his moms house (in Edmonds).

Again thanks for all the help offers guy! But again, at this time there's really no point in having my rig towed anywhere...I'm half way through the work already.

~Scott

P.S. Lyle, if it snows really bad and we have no school, I might need you to pick me up and take me to my Jeep, you down?

Sorry Alex, you wont be able to tug me today. I swapped alternators in the snow...turns out my old one had a good size dent in it from one of my bumper bolts I didn't bother to cut for clearance. Figures...it even said in the directions to make sure it fit, I thought it did...but turns out I was wrong.

~Scott

body flex

My thoughts exactly, the dents were incosistent, as far as the total radius of the dents were twice the size of the bolt.

Oh well, Jeeps home now, and I filed a complaint on the tow company. I also installed newly cut stock flares (well, only drivers side right now) because I'm tired of road crud flying on my window.

~Scott

The driver most likely bailed out because he could make 2-3 times the money by pulling drivers out of ditches.

Back