• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

First snow baby!!!!! (PICS)

crazyjim

NAXJA Forum User
Decided to go head up the mountain and hit up some snow. We didn't really get any pictures of the DEEP DEEP stuff, because I was trying not to re-enact lytle creek :D

DSC02383.jpg

DSC02396.jpg

DSC02401.jpg

DSC02403.jpg

DSC02411.jpg

DSC02424.jpg

DSC02425.jpg

DSC02426.jpg

DSC02454.jpg

DSC02456.jpg

DSC02487.jpg

DSC02538.jpg

DSC02542.jpg

Nice pics. Too bad it didnt snow more. I thought it was gonna be at least a foot deep up there.

Holy crap thats your Jeep! Nice work man. Youve come a long way since then.

Thomas Mountain from the Hemet side. Came up Rouse Ridge and dropped into idyllwild.
ahhh I thought that was up in the Big Bear area...

Alright well i have lived in socal for my whole life and yet have never touched snow! but now i have an XJ :laugh3:. Whats the deal with chains, do 4wd cars need them, is there a law or something, just wondering. Oh and the next person who is going up to big bear to do some wheeling nees to let me know i cant wait any longer to expericance some powder !!!

nice pics man... keep them coming!

-John

There is no set law but at times there will be road blocks where they *might* make you put on chains.

Normally if you have a 4wd vehicle they let you pass as long as your carrying chains.

Ive lived up there for over 8 years and have never put chains on any of our 4wd vehicles.

and if you do buy chains, buy REAL chains not that "Z Chain" crap...

Lol. I'm listening to Van Halen's Panama right now and Jim, it really seemed to go well with the pictures of you bombing it through the snow.

It was about 2 feet at one point. Which is when I decided to turn around being as I didn't have another Jeep there.
Wuss!

:D

If I get back home today I'll post pics like a ideot I went to work and now the roads to go home are closed and the shop is flooding at work so we got shut down. City closed the street the shop is on too

Back